Breaking down 7 Top Internet Trends Of 2017
Breaking Down 7 Top Internet Trends (Mary Meeker Report Of 2017 Internet Trends)
As a Passionate internet marketer, and online business blogger / owner, one of my favorite things to do is study online trends and popular internet related activities. That way I can create high quality content and bring my readers information, products, and services that need and want. Below I break down a report by Mary Meeker who is a partner with Venture Capital Firm KPCB. Below are my key pointers that stand out to me from her report.
Mary Meeker Report ( My Key takeaways)
- Online ad spend will surpass TV spend within six months
- Google and Facebook control 85% of the growth in online ads
- eCommerce grew 15% year-over-year, led by Amazon
- eSports reaches 161 million monthly active viewers, up 40% year-over-year
- Voice commands account for 20% of mobile search queries
- Wearable tech is owned by 25% of the US population
- Netflix sees 669% growth rate in monthly minutes delivered in 5 year span
My review and thoughts of Mary Meeker’s report.
- Online ad spend surpassing tv spends within six months. I believe this to be accurate. If you take a look a real close look, you will see more and more companies marketing their products online. Nowadays, you cant whatch a video on YouTube without seeing some sort of “commercial “style add by big name brands.
- Google and Facebook control 85% of the growth in online ads. The use of cellphone and remote equipment like tablets and 2 in one laptops is proof of this stat. I mean how many times do you log into Facebook. I know I personally use Facebook to advertise my services, and I see excellent results, because everyone is on Facebook, and you need to market on the platforms that people are using.
- eCommerce grew 15% year-over-year, led by Amazon. Cyber Monday says it all.
- eSports reaches 161 million monthly active viewers, up 40% year-over-year. This stat shows how much online activity can grow, and it seems to constantly be growing with no slowing down anytime soon.
- Voice commands account for 20% of mobile search queries. I personally do this a lot while driving, or when I am taking care of my son and I do not have a free hand to type my searches into google. This technology is great and helps people find what they need quicker and easy.
- Wearable tech is owned by 25% of the US population. Smart watches is an example of this unique technology / stat.
- Netflix sees 669% growth rate in monthly minutes delivered in 5 year span. who doesn’t love Netflix these days, all I have to say is great work Netflix
My friends, the above stats are quite interesting for anyone looking to work and sell products online. Mary Meeker report is a wonderful job well done and I appreciate the work she has done. I hope this post servers you well, and sparks some interest on why and how an online business can help change your life financially and or careers wise.
#1 Affiliate marketing Platform – Wealthy Affiliate
Blogging – what is it , How to do it correctly
Leave me a comment below and tell me your thoughts in regards to online trends and activity. Thanks for reading.