Dissecting Digital Media & Internet marketing – what’s , whys, and who’s is my break down and a quick look at everything digital media and internet marketing. Trust me I get it , its confusing as all hell , but wouldn’t it be nice to have a quick look at all the key components that go into digital media and Internet marketing. What if I could show you all the main tools, techniques, and theory’s behind this crazy confusing world. Wouldn’t that help you stay the course of the path? So keep reading and let me breakdown the process behind digital media and internet marketing.
Digital Media –
All Media that is transfer VIA machine readable. Mostly consumed on electronics, digital media can be transferred, created, distributed, and modified on digital devices. Digital media got it start roughly in 1986 and by 2007 most of the world was using digital media for all sorts of purposes.
One of the biggest industry effected by this change is the newspaper industry. The world wide web has made it very easy to consume news and distribute it VIA digital media.
Internet Marketing –
Internet advertising, Online marketing, and web advertising are other terms for Internet Marketing. This is a form of advertising that is primarily utilizes the internet and websites to distribute adds, informational, and promotional marketing messages. Some experts say internet marketing started in the early 90s, but there is a lot of debate on its origins, and how the original regulations were made.
Now that we have broken down the two main points for digital media and Internet Marketing. We can now look at all the different components that we need to master as internet marketers.
The Top List Of internet marketing & Digital Media Tools and Services
- Email Marketing
- Keyword research
- Back Linking & Internal linking
- Display Ads
- Search Ads
- Search engine optimization ( SEO)
- Search Engine Monetization ( SEM / Paid Ads)
- PPC ( Pay Per Click Advertising )
- Social Media Marketing
- Local SEO
- Classified adds ( Craig’s-List)
List of Internet Marketing Monetization Terms
- Affiliate Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Google AdSense
- Informational products
- Lead Magnets
- List builders ( Email List )
Other Internet Marketing & Digital media Terms
- Cost per impression
- CPC (Cost Per click)
- Conversion rate
- Domain Name
- Link Authority
- Page Views
- Ping URL
- Website indexing
- Unique Visitor
- Many more
Top Internet Marketers & Companies
- Gary Vaynerchuk – Social media marketing consulting expert and public speaker
- Neil Patel – Founder Of Quick Sprout , SEO master mind who teaches SEO techniques
- Tai Lopez – Social Media Guru, who teaches people how to manage money, business, and investments
- Alex Becker – founder of multipole software companies ( Market hero email software ) who self-founded his projects with affiliate marketing
- John Chow – Internet Marketing Guru, author of Make Money Online : RoadMap of a dot Com Mogul
- Yaro Starak – make money how to blogger, and famous Podcaster with 23k followers on twitter
- Wealthy Affiliate – Internet marketing training platform with tools, support and everything you need to launch an online business.
- Click Funnels – a software company that helps you collect email accounts and build landing pages.
- Marketo – A software program that will help you launch and manage campaigns
- HubSpot – Software for inbound marketing campaigns.
Now the above list is just a quick look at most of the key terms you will need to understand while working in the internet marketing industry.Now I would like to discuss the most important things you need to understand first. The below info is not a how to instructional break down, but rather a list of where to look at first and what to focus on to acquire a successful online business.
How To Start An Internet Marketing Business Or Campaign ( Focus Points )
Keyword research / Market research – we first need to know if there is a market for your services and products. Then you need to understand the key terms you will be using to build your website.
Website Building – Using the information from your keyword researching duty’s , you will build a website, get a domain name (Your domain name is your www. Whatever .com for example this websites domain name is www.homebiznetworks.com)
Indexing SEO Rankings – Firstly this process is an ongoing thing you never just up date your site and submit it for seo rankings once. As you update your site you submit it for rankins using things like ping services, and sitemaps.
Get Traffic – Use paid advertising & SEO techniques to acquire more traffic. Also, how you set up your keyword research with in your websites design will determine how your rankings and traffic is affected. Social media marketing is also a fantastic opportunity for more traffic and leads.
Capture Leads / Email Marketing – Many marketers will say the money is in the list. And that is correct. Once you get traffic to your money site, you will need to capture those leads with email marketing and re target those leads for future sales.
Make the sale – You will need to make sure you have the proper software that will allow you to make a sale and collect the founds.
I hope this information helps re align your focus, and gets you back on the path to gaining more traffic and generating more sales. Please leave me a comment below and tell me your thoughts, and experiences with internet marketing.